After so many questions from people on how to lose weight I decided this was the best way to put everything out there that would fit someone just starting out with a fitness plan. I will help you with changing your diet, incorporating exercise and some of the do’s and don’ts of it all. But I would like to say, i cannot help you with motivation to get started. It has to be a personal thing, something within that just tells you, I cannot take this anymore. What I can help you with is after you realize that you need/want to change, i can help you get started. You must first learn the important rules and notes!
- Losing weight is 60 percent diet and 40 percent exercise.
- No crash dieting or fad diets allowed. They don’t work
- No starving yourself
- Do not call it a diet. Diets are temporary. Make it a permanent lifestyle change
- Make note of progress and personal goals that are accomplished
- Do not expect to be at your ideal self in one day, a week, or even a month. It takes time for weight to come off, especially if it is going to be permanent weight loss
- First week and/or first 5 pounds is the hardest so stay with it!
- Stay positive
- Set goals and give yourself reward for each time you reach a goal.
- Do not be afraid to try new things!
Changing your diet can be hard. Take a few of these pointers and then gradually add more as you go on. Small changes is better than no changes.
- Eliminate maybe 2 foods that you know is absolutely bad for you
- Replace pop with fruit juice, ice tea or water
- Try lower fat or lower calorie options
- Learn to LOVE water
- NO fried foods
- Do not purchase lunch or dinner several times a week. Start to make lunch and take it to work/school and/or cook dinner at home.
- Commit to one meal everyday that you will eat completely healthy as healthy eating will start to become a habit.
- Get used to smaller, more frequent meals. Eating every 3-4 hours. Do this opposed to eating 1-2 large meals a day.
- Find ways to lower the amount of added sugar in your daily diet. Sugar keeps the belly fat hanging on
- Eat breakfast everyday
- Eat whole grains
Last but certainly not least, you must exercise. Exercise can be draining but you feel great once you do it!
- Add exercise 3-6 days a week into your actual schedule just like you would for a meeting or appointment. You are least likely to skip
- Do a fun exercise class like zumba, kickboxing, or spinning.
- Something is better than nothing. Don’t feel like working out? keep this in mind.
- Do at least 30 minutes of cardio. The first 20 minutes of exercise your body is is burning the fat that you ate for that day. After 20 minutes it starts to burn the stored fat that we see on our bodies. So do that cardio!
- Get with a partner that has some of the same goals
- Do not feel as if you need a gym membership. Walk, run or ride a bike outside. Find at home exercises online. Even comcast has great workouts ondemand that you can do at home with very little to no equipment.
Hope this helps! Good luck