Been having a lot of fun experimenting with new food this week. For breakfast I made these pancakes. Made up the mix the night before to save time in the morning. I got the recipe from oxygen magazine. And I halved the recipe because it’s just me. But here it is:
3 small bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
6 egg whites
1 cup rolled oats
1 tbs ground flaxseed
1 tbs wheat germ (I used wheat flour)
2 tbs protein powder
2 tbs cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
1. In a shallow bowl mash bananas until smooth. Add walnuts. Set aside
2. Beat egg whites. Set aside
3. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
4. In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, walnuts, egg whites, and wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients
5. Use 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook on a heated and oiled skillet. Cook about 2 minutes per side.
Nutrients: serving size 1 2″ pancake
Calories: 160. Fat 6g. Fiber 3g. Sugar 6g. Protein 9g.
My thoughts on them…
Cooking these is nothing like cooking regular pancakes. I would consider myself a pro pancake flipper. Lol. And this time I was not showing my skills. How does it taste?? Mmmm-azing!! (lame I know) but it really is good. I probably shouldnt have but I enjoyed mine with a tiny bit of lite syrup.
This is what the mashed bananas look like with the walnuts.
The finished product. Like I said not the prettiest. Haaa. Nothing like some trial and error. Will be better next time.